Welcome to my page!

Please take a look around. In the tabs located below you will find pages to view cakes that I have made as well as various pastry items. All of these have been hand-made by me. You will also find a page with several references. This page is a work in progress so please check back. If you have questions or would like to place an order, my contact information is located on the right. Thank you!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dulce de Leche Cupcakes

Today's sweet treat is a dulce de leche cupcake.


The cupcake is a chocolate cupcake. Instead of using water I used freshly brewed coffee, because coffee and chocolate always go together!

The filling for the cupcakes is a dulce de leche caramel. Dulce de leche is sweetened milk. To make that into caramel is slowly cooked for approximately 6 hours until turns golden brown and thickens. Once the caramel cooled I piped it into the cupcakes.

The cupcakes were topped with a thick fudgy frosting. It was more like fudge than frosting, but it it delicious.

To top off each cupcake I sprinkled a pinch of sea salt on top.

 
That's what I call perfection!

*This recipe came from Sugar Baby: Confections, Candies, Cakes, & Other Delicious Recipes for Cooking with Sugar by Gesine Bullock-Prado

No comments:

Post a Comment