Welcome to my page!

Please take a look around. In the tabs located below you will find pages to view cakes that I have made as well as various pastry items. All of these have been hand-made by me. You will also find a page with several references. This page is a work in progress so please check back. If you have questions or would like to place an order, my contact information is located on the right. Thank you!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Chocolate Eclairs

Today as a St. Patrick's Day treat (even though they aren't Irish) I made chocolate eclairs. An eclair is a long doughnut filled with custard and frosted with chocolate icing.

Eclairs are fun to make because it is a unique type of dough. The dough is called pate a choux. There are no leavening agents in this dough, it rises from the steam that is released during baking. Another reason I love these is because they are baked, not fried.

Once these lovely treats have been baked you fill them with a smooth custard and top them with a rich chocolate icing. They are delicious!

Fresh out of the oven


Chocolate Eclair


Filled with custard

No comments:

Post a Comment